Madurai Airport

Username: Remember Me?
Password:

Page 37 of 372  [ 5568 posts ]  »
February 11th, 2011, 4:03 am Top
Esteemed Member

Quote:
Madurai Central Excise gets charge of Customs at international airport

The Union Finance Ministry has issued orders that the customs administrative control of the Madurai International Airport shall vest with the Madurai Central Excise Commissionerate.

The Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in a release here said it is a victory for Chamber's office-bearers who have been personally meeting Union Ministers and senior officials both at Madurai and New Delhi and continuously representing this demand.

Consequent to this order, the chamber release said that the officials of the Madurai Central Excise will do the Customs work at the Madurai International Airport and problems if any may be got resolved without any loss of time by approaching the Madurai Central Excise Commissionerate.

It said that at present the customs formalities can be gone through at the Madurai airport only for the baggage carried by passengers leaving and coming from abroad.

Jasmine, medical equipment, readymade garments, handicrafts, fruits, vegetables and granite products are being exported in large quantities from Madurai and southern districts only through Chennai, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram airports

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ind ... 327458.ece

As per Hindu... Madurai Airport is an International Airport ? :?

Profile YIM 

#

February 11th, 2011, 12:54 pm Top
Supreme Member

^^ Yes..Of-Course ..Madurai is an International Airport with Customs status.. :thumbup:

#

February 11th, 2011, 1:24 pm Top
Supreme Member

But there is one good news and one bad news.
Bad news is according to AirAsia Facebook, the reduced frequency will be catered for Chennai which means MAA will get twice daily.
Good news is though they have closed booking for that flight to TRZ, they haven't opened it to MAA. May be they have planning IXM also.

#

February 11th, 2011, 1:40 pm Top
Supreme Member

Madurai Gilli wrote:
^^ Yes..Of-Course ..Madurai is an International Airport with Customs status.. :thumbup:

But according to AAI, it comes under CUSTOMS AIRPORT. Though the boards show in airport as "International Airport", we can call it "international airport" only after full-filling the international status.

#

February 11th, 2011, 4:10 pm Top
Esteemed Member

^^ But the name board in airport says "Madurai Airport" only. Still long way to go for International status

Profile YIM 

#

February 12th, 2011, 12:33 pm Top

Operation suspended for nearly four hours as aircraft got stranded in the middle of runway

None injured:The aircraft that got stranded in Madurai on Friday. — Photo: K. Ganesan.

MADURAI: Passengers of the Chennai-Madurai Kingfisher aircraft had a miraculous escape on Friday, after the nose wheel tyres of the flight burst seconds after it landed on the runway in Madurai airport.

However, none was injured, the Airport Controller, K. Sangaiah Pandian, said. Forty-seven passengers and four crew members were onboard, sources added.

Flight operations were suspended for nearly four hours after the aircraft got stranded in the middle of the runway. The incident occurred at 4.20 p.m. With no tow bar for the ATR aircraft available here, the Airports Authority of India and the airline officials used a “hydraulic jack” to remove the aircraft from the runway. The aircraft was moved to the isolation bay at around 7.30 p.m. However, the runway was cleared for flight operation only at 8.20 p.m. after some “minor damage” to the runway was attended to, Mr. Pandian said.

Consequent to the incident, the Madurai-Bangalore Kingfisher aircraft, scheduled to take off at 4.40 p.m., was delayed for nearly four hours. Kingfisher cancelled the Madurai-Chennai flight.

The arrival of New Delhi-Chennai-Madurai Spicejet flight and the Chennai-Madurai Jetairways flight was also delayed.

http://www.hindu.com/2011/02/12/stories ... 850300.htm

#

February 17th, 2011, 1:07 am Top

Any latest news on becoming an International Airport? Did any carrier sign-up?

Thanks to all the Political heavy weights to make this happen. Just a few more steps...........

#

February 19th, 2011, 10:18 am Top
Esteemed Member

http://www.aai.aero/traffic_news/dec2k10annex3.pdf

Passenger Traffic growth
Nov-2010-----Nov-2009-----Increase%
---39028--------28209--------+38.4%

Dec-2010-----Dec-2009-----Increase%
---43005--------32346--------+33.0%

:thumbup:

Profile YIM 

#

February 27th, 2011, 8:54 am Top
Site Admin

As per the news published in Thina Thanthi. Starting international flight from Madurai airport is getting delayed.
:(
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?New ... 011&advt=2

#

February 27th, 2011, 9:01 am Top
Esteemed Member

^^ Really hard to read and accept. :bash:

I think, immigration facility is on the way. When we got it these politicians try to put their name on it by saying because of their effort... like that.... Who knows :wallbash:

Profile YIM 

#

March 4th, 2011, 10:48 am Top
Esteemed Member

We all believing and saying Madurai airport is having good potential! I too not having any second thought about it. But I am concern why airlines are not introducing new schedules? See, after long time SpiceJet started their service from Madurai; also it is just replacement of Paramount. Other than that we couldn't see any new flights from Madurai for a long time. Just we only saying we are having potential... potential... potential... No one is considering :(

Jet airways already announced their summer schedule new flights. They included Trichy and Tier II cities of Central India like Raipur, Indore, Bhopal and Nagpur with the South Indian cities of Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai and Kochi. Here nothing about Madurai. Why? Some of our members posted like, they are going to start service to Bangalore, Mumbai and even to Hyderabad via Chennai/Bangalore for this summer. But nothing! :oops:

Many time traveled to Bangalore in Kingfisher flight. Every time load factor is just around 30-40. If it continue like that, they definitely close this route.

DO WE REALLY HAVE POTENTIAL? OR WE JUST BLAH... BLAH...

Profile YIM 

#

March 4th, 2011, 10:53 am Top

Sundar wrote:
We all believing and saying Madurai airport is having good potential! I too not having any second thought about it. But I am concern why airlines are not introducing new schedules? See, after long time SpiceJet started their service from Madurai; also it is just replacement of Paramount. Other than that we couldn't see any new flights from Madurai for a long time. Just we only saying we are having potential... potential... potential... No one is considering :(

Jet airways already announced their summer schedule new flights. They included Trichy and Tier II cities of Central India like Raipur, Indore, Bhopal and Nagpur with the South Indian cities of Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai and Kochi. Here nothing about Madurai. Why? Some of our members posted like, they are going to start service to Bangalore, Mumbai and even to Hyderabad via Chennai/Bangalore for this summer. But nothing! :oops:

Many time traveled to Bangalore in Kingfisher flight. Every time load factor is just around 30-40. If it continue like that, they definitely close this route.

If the same situation continue for another one year. This makes us to agree your point... :silent:

#

March 4th, 2011, 1:51 pm Top

Sundar wrote:

I could see your frustration! Madurai's domestic passengers potential is very limited. Our current schedule cater all our needed. So I guess no more domestic flights from Madurai. Where us international potentials are not cater by airlines, so there may be some chance for getting international flights. But that too very limited because Trichy already doing well; we may get two or maximum 3 international flights from Madurai in the future. I guess maximum 12 flights may reach and out from Madurai airport.

#

March 10th, 2011, 12:35 pm Top

AwardCity wrote:
I could see your frustration! Madurai's domestic passengers potential is very limited. Our current schedule cater all our needed. So I guess no more domestic flights from Madurai. Where us international potentials are not cater by airlines, so there may be some chance for getting international flights. But that too very limited because Trichy already doing well; we may get two or maximum 3 international flights from Madurai in the future. I guess maximum 12 flights may reach and out from Madurai airport.

It is really hard to accept we don't have no more potential for new domestic flights. :cry:

Look at Trichy, Jet airways started a fight and soon they going to add one more flight in the evening. Kingfisher also going to introduce new service to Colombo from Trichy. Guys I am not trying to start the city vs city competition here :lolno:
As Sundar said, we didn't get any new service for more than 3 years... Everybody said after new terminal we will gets more domestic and international connection. But nothing... Even no roomers about new service from Madurai
:bash: :bash: :bash:

#

March 11th, 2011, 8:23 am Top
Esteemed Member

^^ Yes it is really hard to accept. But we have to accept the truth. I still believe the chance for morning Bangalore flight; which is the only flight we can hope in near future.

Two days back, I had a chance to talk with a senior office who is working in Air India, Madurai airport. I asked him status about Madurai customs status, he said customs department made their visit in airport and chosen their place for setting up their office a month back itself; but still they were not turned back. He could not able to identify the reason why? But he believes there is a chance for getting International flights in 2 months. He added, Air Arabia & Air Asia are the two who are having more interest to start their service from Madurai. I asked him why Air India having only one flight from Madurai for a long time? He just replied its all with the politician hands and he scolded they are working to support private airlines and he mentioned example of the same we discussed earlier, Air India withdrawn Chennai-Colombo flight to support SpiceJet. He is sure that Madurai will overcome Trichy when international flights are in place..

Can we have International flights? Lets hope with finger crossed!

Profile YIM 

Page 37 of 372  [ 5568 posts ]  »